Rick Young manages the Chicago Comedy All-Stars and helps their clients generate sales through creative grass roots marketing techniques. Rick can has also help you develop and implement strategic plans for your show and create a successful fundraising event or performance just for you. To find out more about the Chicago Comedy All-Stars or to book a show, contact Rick at 847-917-2894 or by email.
Rick’s background includes:
- 30+ years as successful food industry executive with companies such as ConAgra, Ocean Spray and Keebler.
- Accomplished consultant to 16 companies in matters including strategic planning, sales, marketing, R & D and operational excellence.
- Experience conducting fund raising auctions, golf outings, sales meetings and variety shows.
- Former Director of the Lake County Marathon which benefited (over $3million raised) Illinois Special Olympics.
- Past President and current Board member of the Lake Bluff Baseball Association which provides youth programs for approximately 500 kids annually.
- Coached 13 year old Illinois State Championship baseball team.
- Prior President, V.P., Race Director and Social Director and current member of the Lake Forest / Lake Bluff Running Club which serves over 300 members as well as provides assistance to the Chicago Marathon.
- Masters degree in theater after which performed or directed at Second City, Kingston Mines, Albright Theater, Theater On-The-Go, Chicago Players, 11th St. Theater, Jane B. Adams Theater, Dudley Riggs’ Brave New World (Minneapolis), Pasadena Playhouse (CA), etc.
- Major athletic achievements: finished 3 Ironman Triathlons in Hawaii; competed in over 100 triathlons including finishing second nationally in age group in the U.S.T.S. in 1988; ran 26 marathons including Boston, New York, Chicago (P.R. 2:37), St. Louis, Cincinnati; pitched a perfect game in 16″ softball.